Electrical burn injury can lead to a lot of pain and suffering for anyone. Hopefully our guide for electrical burns treatment can help you understand a little more about them and electrical burn management at home. There different degrees of electrical burns with different symptoms, and there are also six different types of electrical burns that most people are unaware of. Read on to find out a little more about burns when they are caused by electricity, and also discover more about potential free medical treatment options.
What Degree Is An Electrical Burn?
Like all other burns, there are three different degrees of severity for electrical burns:
- First-degree burns: These types of electrical burns will only affect the outermost layer of the skin. They will be red but turn white upon touch
- Second-degree burns: A deeper and more severe burn which can result in blisters and more swelling
- Third-degree burns: All layers of the skin are damaged with a burn of this severity. They can destroy the nerves within the skin and leave the skin looking charred or even white.
Can You Receive Free Medical Treatments To Help You Recover From Electrical Burns?
Although there are ways to help reduce recovery time for less severe electrical burns at home, it is recommended that trained medicals are sought out for more severe electrical burns. Here at Medical Expert, we will be able to discuss your options for professional physiotherapy treatments available to you free of charge, as well as other medical services that could be accessed for free. If you’re interested in finding out more, reach out to us today. Our team of friendly and professional experts will take you rough all the free options available to you.
What Are The Different Types of Electrical Burns?
There are six different categories that an electrical burn can fall under:
- Low-voltage burn: 500 volts or less which lead to mild damage and no tissue damage
- High voltage burn: Much more severe with most of the damage on the subdermal tissue
- Arc burn: Occurs when the electricity passes from high-resistance to a low resistance area
- Flash burn: Caused by arcs of electricity that will pass over skin
- Flame burn: These occur when the skin comes into contact with something that has been ignited by electricity
- Oral burns: Usually occurs with children, when they bite or suck on electrical cords. They can lead to deformity around the mouth.
Free Private Treatment Medical Treatment May Be Possible For You
If you’re seeking medical assistance for your electrical burns, you’ll be happy to discover that it could be possible for you to receive medical services in your local area completely free of charge. You can learn how to access these services by getting in touch with us at Medical Expert. We will be able to let you know what private treatments are available for you to access for free in your area.
At Medical Expert, We Have All The Info On Free Private Medical Treatments You Can Access
Many UK citizens are unaware that there is completely free private medical services that they could use for free. If you are currently living in the UK and would like to find out what free medical assistance you can receive, get in touch with us at Medical Expert today on XX. It won’t take 30 seconds for us to let you know whether you are eligible or not. Don’t wait to get in touch, and our team would love to help you recover from your electrical burns as quickly and safely as possible.